my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, November 26, 2007

Five Days Off Work and I'm Exhusted!!

Yes, 5 whole days off work. I haven't had that much time off since I started this job 2 years ago. It was great but coming into the office today was not easy.

No Donkey Punch for Me

For a multitude of reasons I did not attend trivia last week. I heard they ended up splitting into two teams and took first and second place...great job gang.

Instead of playing trivia I was running around getting ready for Thursday/Turkey Day. In my mad rush I forgot to bring my bike inside. When I awoke on Wednesday, she was gone!

Extra Time Off

Between being a bit pissed at myself and the asshat that stole my bike and feeling like I was running behind schedule I just took the day off on Wednesday.

I got a lot done, mostly mundane tasks such has shopping and cleaning house. I skipped George's and headed to bed early. I knew Thursday was going to be a long day and I was right.

Turkey Day

After a relatively decent nights sleep, I woke up at 5:30 am to head to Turner Field to meet friends and run my first half marathon.

While driving from Turner Field (the end) to Chamblee Marta Station (the start) I said to myself, "this is a long way to drive...and now I going to run it"...if I had been by myself I might have turned back.

We found a parking place and as I got out of the truck I noticed a flash of lighting, it was going to be an interesting run. We all decided on a pit stop before the race, that was the last I saw of my companions until around mile 6.

What can I say I ran for 13.1 miles, mostly in the rain...I never thought this was something I would ever do. I finished in 2:05 and I was very happy it was done. It was great to get to the end and see all my friends waiting for me (okay not just me, waiting for everyone). I guess I'll see you all at ING in the spring.

Me and Enema after the Half...he beat me by a couple of minutes

Okay I've looked better but I had just ran 13.1 miles and I was well on my way to a great buzz.

I hung around waiting for the Marathon runners to arrive...I finally left just before noon to be home it time for Stacy to get a good seat for the Packers game.

The evening was really nice, lots of friends and even a few people I didn't know well. In total I think about 22 people, 1 baby and a bird came through my house that day. Thanks Everyone!

Oh the Colts won too...YEAH!!!

For Me Friday was a Day of Rest

Friday was a slow day, I made a half hearted attempt to put my house back in order and I went for a hike along the 'hooch with a new boy. He was nice, seemed pretty into me...but something is just a little off? I can't explain it, I'm not giving up, I'll just keep my eyes open.

I bailed on the hockey game that my friend Stacy gave me tickets to...Sorry Stacy. I got home from my hike and crashed hard, did I mention I was going non-stop from 5:30 am to midnight on Thursday? My exhaustion and lack of anyone to go with made a last minute rally unlikely. I just stayed on the couch and got a little more rest.

Saturday - when things started to get interesting

Saturday deserves its own entry!

Sunday - Hypothermia Hash

I really wanted to take the new bike (aka Gretel) out for a spin, Urban Wheelhopper seemed as good as option as any. The wind, rain and cold kept me from getting much of a work out...4 miles and I was done...I didn't warm up again until late Sunday night. I was still glad I got out.

No comments: