my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, November 19, 2007

What I've been up to...

Sorry it has been so long since I have written a proper blog...I will try to catch you all up with the last week or so.

Donkey Punch is No More

Only the beer has disappeared not the trivia team.

Donkey Punch the trivia team as secured a place in the trivia finals to be played in December. So we are now playing under a different name so we can try to get a second team into the finals also. Teams are limited to six people and we have a group of 8 or so that show up regularly and others who come now and then. We are going to try to make sure that everyone that can and wants to play will.

Tuesday night "Let's Be Frank" came in second place...we would have won if we had only listened to our team's namesake a couple of times

Lesson learned - don't doubt Frank when it comes to baseball or political parties.

Date Night

Yes, the shocking news of the week was not that I had a date...but that I had 2 dates.

Date #1 is a guy I met on Match, come to find out we are also both members of the same community forum. So while we hadn't met, we came close several times. At the EABF in May we were working only 2 tables apart.

We had spoken on the phone several times and decided to meet last Wednesday. He was going to call me that evening to set the time and place...this is where things got a little rough.

Long story short I realized it was 8 o'clock and I hadn't heard from him. I was a little miffed...but I also knew that he had been under the gun at work and was leaving town in just a couple of day so he may have been running late or just a little scattered. I sent him a text (too chicken to call) asking him what was up? He called immediately, apologized and asked if I would still like to meet up. Sure why not. So we arranged to meet at the newly reopened Gravity Pub. He was very cute, funny, easy to talk to...and I have to say we would look good together (both short red-heads). He said he had a good time and was looking forward to doing it again (per the email the next day). He is away this week, visiting his family for the holidays. I hope to hear from him when he returns.

Date #2 is someone I've known for a while. I'm not sure about this one but he had the guts to ask me out so I figure I would give him a chance. I went to his place last night where he cooked me dinner...I haven't had a man cook for me in a VERY LONG TIME. It was a nice evening and he got me good and drunk...we will see what happens.

Count Down to T-Day

So I'm host Thanksgiving dinner for 20 (at last count) of my friends (and others) this week. That is after I run my first half-marathon. What was I thinking?

I made it to the Farmer's Market yesterday to get the turkey and fixings for my meal. What a mess!! The place was packed with other, just like myself, getting ready for the big day.

Pre T-Day preparations

Besides shopping and getting ready to run I've also been trying to fix up the house a little. I got the kitchen painted over the weekend, new light fixtures installed in the kitchen and some new hardware for many of the interior doors. I don't think I will have time to do much else.

As many of you know I participated in an activity this weekend that took up much of my time. I will post a recap in a separate entry.

No comments: