my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Slimming Down

My running the last couple of days has been unremarkable, to say the least. I'm blaming it on a combination of dreary weather and holiday booze and food consumption.

My intent was to get out yesterday for this week's 16 mile run. I didn't sleep well Thursday night and it was only about 30 degrees Friday morning, nothing really motivating me to get out. Doing the long run, alone is hard enough but when the weather wouldn't cooperate I knew it wasn't going to happen. I finally headed out around 5 for a slow, 5 miles...I even walked some of it.

I was able to convince one of the Grant Park Boys to run Saturday morning. I knew no one would run 16 but James agreed to 7. I figured it would at least get me out of the house. My plan was to leave at 7, run about 3 miles, meet James, then run what ever balance was left. Well I was running late, so I only got 2 in before meeting up. After the run, I was helping James with his new GPS when his lovely wife came out and offered me coffee. I didn't stay long, but I sat still long enough to get a chill. I managed to round it out to almost 13 but man it was tough.

I was chilled to the bone by the time I got home. I took a hot shower, more coffee, cuddled with Nibbles on the couch...nothing was working. I knew heading out to hash was out of the question. Last thing I need to get sick.

The rest of my day consisted of a quick doze on the couch, a trip to the pet store for dog food and a new sweater for Nibbles and I popped into Trader's to grab a birthday card for tomorrow's party. Now I'm listening to the Colts game and keeping my fingers crossed.

Nibbles new sweater

One somewhat constructive idea came from the past two days of running. So in an attempt to slim down, both myself and my budget I know present my January goals.

1) No drinking during the week
2) No purchases from Amazon or REI

Neither should be too difficult. Tom not drinking this month should be a big help for me to not drink so me. I always have such a great time with him but MAN, can the two of us do some damage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a full year!

*poke*