my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Thursday, January 25, 2007

If everyone else jumped off a bridge would you?

Maybe. It seems everyone is blogging these days and I thought I would try my hand at it. I'm a little slow getting to the party but better late than never.

I'm not a great writer but I'm hoping that there will be enough in my life going on to post every couple of days.

So why Martha's house you ask? It just seems to be something that has worked it's way into the vocabulary of many of my friends...I like to believe that Martha's House makes them think of good times. I'm going to guess most of the people that read this will know me as Martha but Martha isn't my real name. It is my hash name, devised to protect me from anything silly, stupid, embarrassing or possibly illegal I may do while hanging out with the half minds I call my friends. Several times I've almost slipped and introducded myself as Martha...Martha and Laura are very different people.

Right now my life pretty much entails work, the dogs and the gym. Being newly single and it being a new year, I'm going to get in shape. So with the New Year, I'll try for a new blog, a new body, maybe a new boyfriend?? Well let's work on the first two for now.

I'll try not to bore you with the ins and outs of my diet and workouts, but it does seem to be working. I have a set back every weekend when beer and orange food replace my normal routine. I will try to keep my updates to major and minor milestones. Like today when the scale went below 145 for the first time in a couple of years!! I'm not too excited, the weight flucuates every day but it was nice to see.

Well that is enough for now...I hope you check back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.