my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, April 9, 2007

Another Wasted Weekend and Why the Hell is it so Cold?

Volleyball and Snow

I had been very excited to attend Bean's annual sing-a-long this past Friday night. Not that anyone wants to hear me sing but for another chance to show off my (lack of) volleyball skills. With temperatures in the 40s when I arrived it took some convincing (and beer) to get a couple of teams together. I think my team won the first round and the rest of the games where called because of snow. Yes, you heard me, snow in Atlanta in April. I seem to recall Thanksgiving it was in the 70s.

Roswell Mill

This Saturday's hash took us OTP for a chilly day in lovely downtown Roswell. Between Easter weekend and temps not expected above 50 it was a small but dedicated crowd that showed up. We had three visitors, one from Devon, Germany and Columbus, GA. They were treated to hot cider at the beginning, quite a trail in the middle and a scenic ending. We spend 45 minutes running in circles looking for trail, but most of the guys seemed to forget about it once they saw the girl in the bikini, it was cold enough she didn't have to worry about anything not being perky!

Roswell Mill Waterfall

In spite of the cold weather it was a beautiful day to be out. I had to ask myself why don't I ever visit these places any other time than a hash.

Happy Schmeaster!

I celebrated Easter in the traditional, non-church going, bitter-single woman way and got drunk. Okay not too drunk just a nice buzz. I got an early morning email from Betsy's and we got together and spent a good deal of the morning and early afternoon sitting in my back yard. Reese was there along with Betsy's friend Harris who made sure the ladies were never wanting for a mimosa. We tried to get some others to come over, Bill wanted to run (wtf??), Cathy was going to spend time with her family and Paul's cellphone must not have given him the message that we call.

Then to top off the evening I drank margaritas with Jill once she returned from Denver.

No comments: