my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, April 2, 2007

Black Rock Mountain

This past weekend was the annual Black Sheep/Atlanta HHH Black Rock Mountain Campout. I had been looking forward to this weekend for weeks and for the most part it was a good weekend. Not a great weekend, but good. Something just seemed to be missing this year. It seemed like a lot more people stayed in the cabins about a mile away so it was like we had two camps. Several of the regulars seemed to be missing also. Plus the weirdness factor of camping with the ex.

I took both dogs with me. It wasn't too bad, they stuck around. Toby never moved far from the fire and the pretty girls petting him. Ruben wasn't much more adventurous but he did play more with the other dogs. Plus I had lots of basset hound cuddles for the evening. I'll get pictures posted this evening.

When things go bad

Do you ever wonder how something that at one time seemed so great can go so bad? I'll admit I've made some mistakes in my life...I've made some really bad decisions and I've paid a price. Other times things 'just seem to happen'.

Things are about as bad as they can be right now...from a combination of bad decisions, bad timing and bad luck.

I don't want to say I've lost the love of my life...but I've lost someone that was very special to me.

No comments: