my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Single Life

I guess I'm finally there. I know D and I technically broke up in January but it's been weird and of course a drunken hook-up only complicated things further. Now it is official and I don't see us turning back. I guess its all for the best. I wanted from him things he wouldn't or couldn't give me. I was tired of waiting and I'm sure he was tried of me complaining. The fate of the relationship was seal last weekend on top of Black Rock Mountain. It will be close to impossible to avoid each other but hopefully we can try to behave ourselves.

So what is a single girl to do? Catch up with a friend over a bottle (okay 3 bottles) of wine at the local hang out. I met up with my friend, Cathy, Tuesday night for dinner, 1/2 off bottles of wine and some male bashing. We learned that 2 bottles is our limit, not 3 bottles and beers at the Flat Iron afterwards. Thought the silver lining is I was so drunk, I wasn't shy about talking to anyone and I got myself a date.

First Date

Last night I had my first, first date in over 2 1/2 years. I was a wreck, still am a little, it feels like I'm doing something wrong. Sam seems nice, likes dogs (he has 4) and lives in the 'hood. He picked me up, we went to Wahoo! (of course a place D and I had talked about going to forever) and he brought me home with a promise to call the next day. We will see what happens. It is kind of nice to get that first date after D out of the way.

Of course I have to pick the TALLEST guy in the bar, he has to be at least 6'5'' (and well over 250 I would guess). We look just a bit ridiculous...

Gimpy Toby

Toby's leg seems worse today. Maybe it is just the cold weather. I'll keep an eye on him but a visit to the vet seems in order. I can't keep lugging him around.

Wasting Away

Okay not quite but I have lost over 11 pounds and over 10% body fat as of this morning. I'm not getting too excited, it goes up and down daily, but in general it is heading in the right direction. I'm beginning to notice my clothes fitting better. I'm hoping for a better bathing suit picture than the one from Lake Hartwell last year.

I set a goal to lose 15 pounds, I might have to bump that up to 20 if I can keep this up.

No comments: