my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's a Boy!

Yes, there has been a new addition to the Hall family. May I introduce, weighing in at 50+ pounds, Toby (aka Morty)!

Toby on the Deck

Toby joined the family last Friday, after I made a disturbing drive up to East Cobb. WAY too many pick-up trucks and strip malls for me to be comfortable.

You may notice that Toby has a few war wounds on his back leg and neck and is a little too skinny. His journey to the sanctuary of East Atlanta has not been easy.

First he was found wandering around Cobb County and picked-up by animal control. At first it seemed like good news, he owners where tracked down and contacted. They didn't want him back? Why? Because they were moving to Texas...I didn't know dogs weren't allowed in Texas but hey I could be wrong. We it turned out a good thing for Toby, he was diagnosed with Heartworms. This is when I became involved. I heard about Toby through Basett Hound Rescue and I couldn't think about this poor old man, did I forget to mention he is 13 years old, alone, living in a kennel. Unfortunately, while waiting to begin his heartworm treatment he was attacked by two Bull Mastiffs at the kennel. I got a frantic phone call, "we don't know if he will make it", "if he does, can he come right to your place and not back to the kennel"...god of course! On Friday I got the call that he was ready to go...I had already planned on taking the afternoon off work so I headed to the wasteland that is Marietta.

Toby is doing better than expected, his wounds are healing and he really doesn't seem bothered by his new surounding or new brother.

Ruben and Toby on the Deck

It looks like he will be up to this first camping trip to Black Rock Mountain with the hash this weekend. Always a good time for both dogs and hasher. More on that next time.

No comments: