my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Now I've done it

I decided the other day that I'm such a great runner I will try my hand at a 10K. This moment of delusion came after an exceptionally good run the other night.

I've set a goal to run a 10K in under an hour by the end of next month. I had no idea how long it would take me to run a 10K. I've ran a few 5K and I'm usually in the 35-40 minute range. Using my great math skills I figured it would take me 70-80 minutes to do a 10K at that pace. I've never trained for a run before but I've been pretty consistent with working out over the last 9 weeks so I thought what the hell.

Yesterday I laid out a nice 6.2 mile route through the 'hood, set the timer on the watch and took off running. I learned that a big, greasy Gyro will give you a ton more energy for a run than a bowl of brown rice and cabbage. I was dragging my ass about 2 miles in...I walked a lot more than I had planned but I made it in in 68 minutes. So I would guess 1 hour is a possibility. I have like 8 weeks to train. Anybody have any suggestion?

I guess now that I've told everyone I'm going to have to follow through with the race.

On to another goal...Weight Loss

Nine weeks in to this I have lost 9.6 pounds, or 6.3% of my original weight and 10% body fat. I think a pound a week is something I can maintain. My worst fear is after all this work I can't maintain the weight I want.

Other goals...

I haven't even begun.

No comments: