my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sisters are doing it...

Yes the Ladies Boilers didn't let me down last night. They beat Georgia Tech and are off to play Georgia in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA playoffs.

The MSNBS.Com women's bracket already has Purdue in the Elite 8...I hope that is a good omen.

Rebates

Last December I finally broke down and bought a new computer along with high-speed Internet. I found a great deal on an okay computer, monitor and modem. The down side was this could only be accomplished with a slew of rebates, $454.95 worth to be exact. I was skeptical, figuring I would be lucky if I got half of that back. Company are counting on the fact that you won't take the time to fill out the paper work and make sure you have everything you need. Well my anal retentive attention to detail paid off...as of yesterday I have received 5 out of 6 ($404.95) and the last one is expected next month. It is kind of a bonus for me...since I have already paid for the computer, et al.

We will just add it to the other credit cards.

TLC

I watch a program last night on TLC about feral children...children abandoned or neglected and left to be 'raised by wolves'. Very tragic...one girl was tossed out to live with the dogs in a kennel because her mother wanted a boy, another was the son of a chronic alcoholic who started to live with the neighborhood strays when his mother could/would no longer care for him and a third spent her first 12 years living in a dark room, either sleeping in a cage or strapped to a potty chair. As you can imagine these children have serious, long term behavioral and learning disabilities.

I am still shocked and horrified that anyone could treat a child like this. I cried a little when I saw the house the thrid girl was kept in for most of her life. It is also heart warming to see that children, much like dogs, will give us another chance.

Waiting for Weight Loss

So I've been working out consistantly, I've cut WAY back on the beer and trying to eat better, so why isn't the weight coming off? Yes, I have lost some weight, close to 10 pounds since the first of the year. I also know I didn't gain all this weight at once and it will take time to come off...but I am a little discouraged and feeling a little bit alone. Everyone I've asked to do 'exercise stuff' with me turns me down. Right now I feel like I'm just hiding at the gym. At least there are people there, unlike my house. Everyone is just 'too busy' to be bothered doing anything with me. D and I are not doing well. I don't feel anything for him right now...I'm guessing by the time he 'figures things out' it will be too late for us. I just don't have anything else to give him or anyone else really.

No comments: