my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Working from home

Well I'm on week 2 of working from home, thanks to a broken water pipe in my office building. They still haven't given us a 'return date' so I'm just trying to enjoy the extra flexibility, not to mention saving at the gas pump, while I can.

I did a REALLY SILLY thing this week, I started bootcamp. Yes, I'm paying someone money, so I can get up at 5 am to exercise in the dark. The first two days have been less than perfect. Day 1 began with a downpour. A bunch of drowned rats, standing in the middle of Grant Park. It was an easy day as far as the workout went. It was orentation and our inital physical fitness test.

My result were:

Run 1 mile - 8:14 (second fastest in the group)
20 push-ups + 6 facilitated (girl) push-ups
20 sit ups
8 dips + 20 bent knee dips

I'll let you know if there is any improvement over the next 4 weeks.

Today it was COLD and WET...no rain but the ground, which we spent a lot of time on today was soaked and muddy. It was harder today, that's good, I felt a little cheated yesterday...it was mostly abs, something that needs a lot of improvement.

They also have us on a diet/meal plan. Six small meals a day, eating protien with each one. That has been a challenge, since I don't eat a lot of meat...and the meat I do eat is usually pretty bad for you (can you say Bacon)?

BBQ Brisket

Oh god, speaking of things that our bad for you. Sunday was a day devoted to all those things.

Let me describe the sceen...two large BBQ Briskets, a keg of Sweetwater 420, and a pot luck dinner for about 30...Brad finally dragged me home sometime after dark. A good move on his part since the beer and food was all going down way to easy.

It was a great afternoon, Paulie, Meridith, Brad and I spent much of the day joking with each other next to the keg! Really, where did you think we would be?

Ruben Update

My little man isn't doing very well. He's not eating much, even when I cook for him, you all know I'm a good cook and he's lost a lot of weight. He sleeps most of the day now. I was able to get him an appointment today for some "GI" issues he's having. Through it all he is still such a sweet boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, girl! Being the best in your group on Day 1 - woo! Bootcamp sounds fantastic, actually (well, minus the downpour in the cold and all). I need that kind of motivation. :) Keep updating about it! Maybe if they ever have something like that way up here in Tennessee, I'll have to look into it. We're not that far away from bathing suit season!

So sorry about Ruben :( Hope you're doing OK.

Mmmmm brisket! :)

Unknown said...

Try EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes. They are the best-tasting I have found. 17 g of protein. Strawberry tastes like Strawberry Nestle Quick. They are at the grocery store.