my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ruben Watch 2008

We had our follow up visit yesterday afternoon.

Nothing really new to report on Ruben. He has lost a bit more weight (he's down to 38 pounds). We are starting him on some steroids and some anti-nausea medication, hoping to increase is appetite a bit...otherwise...not much more to do.

The vet is thinking a few days to a month at most. I just need to keep an eye on him, watch how he is reacting...if he really seems to be suffering or in pain, not interacting, stops eating all together, etc...it will be time. The other issue that was a big concern for me was the very real possibility of the tumor rupturing and him bleeding to death internally. The vet said if it does happen, it will be very quick and not painful...that is good. I just don't want a big traumatic event or him to suffer if it happens and I'm not home.

It hard, he's such a happy little boy...even though I know he doesn't feel well.

On the good side the old man gets to eat what ever he wants... :-) I took him with my on Sunday to Bwana's so he could see everyone and spend time some time out of the house, he had a very good day. He even had enough energy to put that young upstart Sydney in his place.

Ruben being spoiled post race

Thank you again to everyone for your thoughts and well wishes...it means a lot to all of us.

1 comment:

NancyT said...

Martha, my thoughts are with you. It's a tough time, but spoil the boy! The question I've always had is 'How can you spoil an already spoiled pet?' Just love him and listen to him, he'll tell you.