my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, March 31, 2008

RunnING

On Sunday, around 9:15 am, I finished my second half marathon.

ING result

In case you are having trouble reading this I finished with a chip time of 2:01:57.While I didn't hit my goal of a sub-two hour run, I was still happy to complete the run and enjoyed myself.

I spent the first 2/3 of the run with Paulie, it was great to run with him. We've spent lots of time together on training runs so it felt very comfortable. For better or worse, my strategy is to 'power up' most hills, usually cursing under my breath, then I slow back down once I get to the top. This works for us...Paulie being more of a steady runner than me...however, once out of Piedmont Park and up (yet another) hill, I lost him. I looked back and didn't see him at all. I really did think about just stopping and waiting for him but I knew he would have wanted me to go on and quite honestly I thought if I stopped I may never start again.

So inspite of suffering through a nasty blister (beginning around mile 3) and a 13.3 (yes, not 13.1) route, I'm ready for Twisted Ankle in May.

The Aftermath (I mean After Party)

After FINALLY getting my bag, Paulie and I along with some guy neither of us knew made the March of the Peguins back to Marta and then to our cars. Instead of heading straight for Bwana's and the beer, I made a detour to my house to shower and change...I knew they would save a mug or two for me.

Brad came and picked me up (yeah, no driving) and we grabbed Ruben also and headed to the northern most corner of the beermuda triangle to celebrate our victories!

We sat around until maybe 3? Geez what a day. Then it was back to Brad's where he cooked me a lovely, post race dinner of salmon and other goodies, including two more bottles of wine.

I was fast asleep by about 9...it was a very good day.

No comments: