my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Only $156.82 - Really?

So yesterday I received my annual Dividend Summary from REI...according to them I only spent $156.82 at REI last year? I'm suprised. Well, maybe not. I'm not sure when I purchased my membership but it was sometime later in the year. Sometimes I feel like I live at REI and now that it is right down the road from my new office, it is only going to get worse.

Very soon I will be making a large purchase, stay tuned for the big annoucement.

Too much stuff or just poor organization?

I stayed home last night, Tuesday is generally my off day for running/biking. I did 'pop' in an exercise DVD in the morning (since I work at 4:30 am) and did a little strech and tonning but gave my knees a rest for the evening.

Instead of going out for some fun at trivia, I stayed home and tried to organize things. I started with the kitchen, cleaned out cupords, organized pot, pans, bakeware and tossed some odds and ends. I feel better. I have realized I have a big project I need to start on the house. My 'extra room', where the washer/dryer and other assorted crap is stored, needs a make over. With the addition of 2 new bikes in the near future I need more space. Since building an addition is not in the current plan and I don't trust the bikes in a shed outside...better storage seems to be the way to go.

I've found some neat ideas for storing 2 of the 3 bikes...but I still need to make some space and I just don't know what to do. If anyone has some ideas I'd be happy to hear them. One thing I am torn about is I have a ceadar chest that my grandfather made...it is big, it is bulky, it isn't my style and I really don't have room for it...but my grandfather made it. I didn't know my grandfather, he died when my mother was still an infant...it is one of the few 'family heirlooms' I have...so I just can't get rid of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel, girl. I had this old, old TV that I was having a hard time getting rid of just because it was something my Dad gave me for my birthday over a decade and a half ago (finally let it go with this move). And if I felt that way about THAT, I can't imagine it being something he *made*.

Is it something you can gift to another family member? Sister, cousin, etc.? You can look at it this way: I'm sure he'd rather it be *used* than to just sit. Y'know?

And good for you for taking a night off. We all need that now and again.

Anonymous said...

Don't get rid of the cedar chest, I have one from my grandmother, it is a great place to store sweaters. I don't suppose you can store it up in the attic? Otherwise, see if someone can store it for you? Someday you might have a bigger house and a place to put it.

Unknown said...

I'm currently driving my parents crazy, and have been for the past ten years, since I inherited my Nanna's (and previously possibly Auntie Doris') writing bureau as it's been lurking in their house ever since.

I don't want to have to sell it but Mum and Dad are fed up with tripping over it and it's way too expensive to have it shipped. I keep thinking that one day I might decide we can afford that extravagance, or hope that maybe we'll go home and live back in Blighty and then we'll be on the same side of the pond again.

*sigh*

Definitely hard to make the decision to get rid of something so sentimental to your sense of family history.