my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Out for a Spin

On Tuesday I finally bought the road bike. I think I got a good deal for a decent 'starter' bike. She still doesn't have a name...

Here she is

Ms No Name

She is thin, small and green, any ideas?

I ran over to Performance Cycle (Bike)? They had tons of stuff on sale, 50% off. I was able to get SPD pedals for only $20. Brad wants me to start shopping for him, since I'm so good at finding a deal ;-)

I took her out for her inaugural ride tonight. I rode about 10 miles and ran by Brad's (I was wondering why he hadn't returned my text, I never sent it DUH!). He suited up and went out with me for a little bit longer. I'm really excited, it is such a different experienace than the mountain bike, not better, just different. I'm now looking forward to my first road bike race in May.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Careena/Carina

Sounds nice and fast, (though maybe a little out of control!) also apparently means "beloved"

Actually, that's also sort of my laptop's name. He's called Ed. (BelovEd.) ;)

You'd think I'd have more suggestions for you since I've been trolling name sites lately, but I guess I should keep some up my sleeve for the baby!

Nice bike.