my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend 2007

I don't think I celebrated the weekend in the spirit of the holiday but here it goes.

Starting the Weekend off Right

I left work early on Friday, I'm pretty burnt out, I need a vacation but that's a story for another time.

I left the office at noon, I had a few errands to run and I thought I would treat myself to lunch in the village. I stopped off at Edgewood to pick up a few more pieces of summer clothing for the weekend. Ross must have 'skinny mirrors' installed. I always look great when I try on clothes there, it never looks as good in the mirror at home (maybe the mirror at home is a fat mirror?).

I then had the brilliant idea of taking the boys with me for lunch. It was a beautiful summer day and sitting on the patio with the boys, having a beer and reading my much ignored book sounded like a great way to relax...I was wrong.

First I had to pack a bag for the boys, water, a bowl, poop bags, a few treats. I then had to get them both in the car, there was no way we would have made it walking. It must have taken me 15 minutes to walk them from where I parked the car to the patio at FlatIron. I finally made it, got the boys settled in and ordered a beer (Hoegarrden, yum) and a Gyro (not very good).

Dogs are social lube, they give people an excuse to talk to you. Who could say no to these guys?

Toby and Ruben

After a stop at the Park Pet for some dog food we headed home.

I did go for a run that evening, good thing it was some of the only exercise I got that weekend.

Went to Hass Bar with C., nothing more to say but I think that is over. I haven't returned the last phone call. He's a nice guy I guess...but we have so little in common and he really isn't what I'm looking for in a man. Its time to move on.

Saturday

I didn't go for my Saturday morning run, again. Oh well. D came by in the morning to pick up some of his stuff...christ what a mess. I don't even want to talk about it.

I considered going to Pine Lake this weekend to hash but instead my friend came over for a doggie play date and Betsy Beers in the back yard. She left sometime around 6ish??? She called later about a picnic in the park but I was asleep on the couch where I stayed for the rest of the night.

What a wasted day.

Sunday

Feeling sorry for and disgusted with myself I figured I needed to do SOMETHING on Sunday. The thought of slogging through the swamps of Newnan, having to drive home and the possibility of seeing D just wasn't doing it for me. I thought I would give Wheelhopper a shot. It was only about 3 miles from my house and D had said he wouldn't be there (he lied).

All and all it was a good time. I was off road more than I had ever been, it was exciting and scary at the same time. Riding on RR tracks isn't much fun, I became acutely aware of the fat on my arms but I only fell off the bike once. I did bounce off the seat once and sort of hit my seat on my seat....it isn't a big bruise :)

Wheelhopper is a different crowd but Brian and Trish were there along with a few others I know pretty well. I convinced several people to head over to La Castia for dinner and again a good time was had by all.

Monday

I did some yard work and ran to the store for provisions to take to Jill's house for a cookout with the girls.

We ate too much food, we played croquette, we drank beer and we gossiped. Pretty standard MO when we get together. Thanks Jill, Karen, Karyn, Erin, Melissa, Cathy & Betsy for sharing the day with me.

Karen and I headed over to Tucker for the end of the moonlight hash where I ate and drank even more. I was glad I went, I got to see some people that I haven't seen since I stopped going to Black Sheep. I finally made it home around 10 and poured my drunk ass into bed.

The end!

No comments: