my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Friday, May 11, 2007

Why do I even try?

As you may know, I've lost a little weight in the last couple of months. That is great news, I feel better, I look better and my clothes fit better. I've even been confident enough to buy a new pair of jeans. Not regular jeans but 'fancy jeans'. Shopping for jeans has never really been something I care to do, I'm short and have no waist. Trying on jeans is right up there with bathing suit shopping and getting my teeth cleaned. During the last 10 years I've pretty much worn Eddie Bauer jeans, I know what size I need, I can order them on-line, etc.

A couple of weeks ago I found a pair of jeans embroidered and bedazzled, they where short enough and look pretty good. I was very excited. Now here is my problem...Every time I glance downward, the sparkly stuff catches my eye and I think I've spilled something on my self, because that is what I do.

East Atlanta Beer Festival

Yes the 4th annual EABF is tomorrow and I will be volunteering for my 3rd year in a row. It's going to be a little strange this year. D and I have been going/volunteering together the past 2 years. We will still both be there, just not together.

I've never had a bad time at the festival, my friend Stacy will be there and I'm sure I'll see plenty of people I know. Plus free beer all afternoon. It's going to be fine!

I'll try to take some pictures since I'm sure I won't remember much any other way.

Stacy met me at my house last night and we took a stroll up to the Village for volunteer orientation, swung by the farmer's market and walked back home. It was a beautiful evening and great company.

Thanks Stacy for keeping me company!

I'll be making the same walk up to the Village tomorrow, though I have no idea how I will drag my drunk ass home.

Running

I'm going to try to run more with other people. I made it to George's this week on Wednesday. It was never a priority for me to go, I didn't think I could keep up with anyone there, I had a bit of a scare on Wednesday when the only other runners there were from the A group. I was asked if I was 'running with the big boys' that night...luckily Little Willy saved me just in the nick of time...we had a nice chat and a good 5 mile run.

Tomorrow will be my second run with the Oakhurst Running Club. It is a good idea to get a little workout in before I spend the rest of the day in a drunken stupor.

I would say I will write more this weekend but I honestly don't see that happening.

Kinky Boots

My plan for tonight is to leave work at 4, go for a run, then finally watch the movie Kinky Boots. I've been wanting to see the moving forever and I finally remembered to place it in my Netflix que.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: