my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Friday, June 22, 2007

Finally catching my breath

Last weekend was quite a weekend. I was going non-stop from Friday afternoon to Monday night. I was so happy to come home on Tuesday, knowing I had nowhere to be and nothing to do besides reclaim my backyard from the hordes that invaded on Sunday.

All and all the weekend was a success. Everyone seemed please with the parties, pub crawls, cook-outs and hashes.

The best thing about a crazy weekend was it gives me little time to dwell on my current set of issues. Mainly being super stressed out (work, vacation, love life) and very, very angry with a certain someone.

On more positive notes, I got a letter from the IRS yesterday...I overpaid my taxes this year! I should be expecting a check for $162 in the next 6 weeks. That is great news because lately I've been spending money like a sailor on shore leave.

A busy weekend is planned. Tonight I will attempt my first Darkside Hash, for those not in the know, that means running 10 miles, in the woods, in dark. I'm only doing this because I have been assured there are at least two point where I can drop out and head to the end. I would love to say I did it but I'm also trying to be realistic.

I'll try (if I live) to go for my Oakhurst run Saturday morning and run some errands. I need a hair cut and a trip to Target is past due. I'm going to skip the hash tomorrow and head to my first baseball game in over a year at 3. The bad news is that I will be heading out with my enabler BWANA (I still cringe when I think of that last hockey game) and I am to meet Chris later that evening. It might be a nice change if I actually show up for a date sober...but then again I think I find him more interesting that way. I shouldn't be so hard on him...he was really nice to me on Sunday, took care of me as I was about to collapse from exhaustion (and beer). I just keep thinking 'I can do better' but the facts seem to show that isn't true.

Sunday is up in the air. I was sort of planning on doing a short bike ride with some folks from the neighborhood, there is also an Urban Wheelhopper and a Black Sheep. Apparently, Darren is out of town so I shouldn't run into him regardless of where I go on Sunday. I guess the option of staying around the house and relaxing is always out there also.

******Warning ********
news of actual importance

I have never understood the stance our government has taken on NOT providing contraceptive aid to overseas groups that offer abortion.

It doesn't matter if you support a women's right to choose or not, isn't this policy just cutting off the nose to spite the face? More access to contraception = less abortions...it isn't difficult for most to understand.

The House recently voted to reverse this ban (good news), now it is up to the Senate. However, I hate to say even if it passes there...Mr. Logic himself, GW, will most likely veto it. Only 19 more months....

2 comments:

cheesedixie said...

Wow! It's nice reading your blogs - you need to do it more often. :) Of course, you have much more of a life than I do which is probably why I blog more than you. I'm sitting at home while you're actually out there!

First - how awesome on the tax check! This is what I say: take half of it and spend it on something frivilous (like, say, an ACTUAL sailor home on leave) and then if you gotta pay the bills with the rest, so be it. "Found" money is so lovely!

Again, congrats on the Darkside. I can only ever bimbo something like that and even then I'm afraid. ;)

Have fun at the game - what a gorgeous day for it!! I want a photo sent! (and preferably not of Bitch flipping me off this time-haha!)

Martha said...

Well now that I'm on the DL I might be blogging more about doing less.