my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, June 11, 2007

Second chances?

Well I would say I'm one for two on this topic for the weekend.

First Second Chance

I stopped by D's house on Saturday to drop of, what I hope, is the last of his stuff. We talked but nothing came of it. Honestly, I don't know if I want him back or I'm just scared of being 'old and alone'.

Second Second Chance

I've been seeing C for a couple of weeks now. I've been pretty hard on him...really not nice at all. I don't feel he is 'good enough' for me. No real job, no car, no money, no drive to do better...what does he have to offer me?

Well we were to go out Saturday night, he did get his car fixed and we were going for a drive. I was in a pretty foul mood after spending 3 hours on trail and another hour stuck in traffic driving home from the hash. I was tired, my buzz was fading and I was hungry. After a shower and another beer I was slightly better. Chris show up, late the car wouldn't start, I was okay with it since I was running late myself. We grabbed a beer and headed to the back yard. I kind of just let it all out at that point, how stressed out I am, the need for a vacation, how I'm generally an uptight person that doesn't know how to relax. He told me he was an expert at relaxing and he would help me. Honestly, I couldn't think of a sweeter thing he could have said to me.

So we just hung out in the yard, drinking some beers and chatting. We slept in the next day (I NEVER do that), we got up for a bit, ate some breakfast, we sat on the couch and he rubbed my legs for an hour. I started to fall back asleep I was so relaxed. Then the fab idea of bloody mary's struck me, even C was impressed by my brilliance, and we had a couple while watching some car race (he's a fan of formula one).

So maybe he does have something to offer, at least for the time being.

No comments: