my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Friday, June 8, 2007

Free stuff but was it worth it??

In an effort to clear my head and take my mind off my current obsession I headed out to Cabbagetown for the weekly run held in the neighborhood. I've only been one time before, it was a small crowd and I really didn't have anyone to run with (being I'm pretty slow). Last nights crowd was about 3 times larger than the last time. Plus, Nike was there doing a little promotion. They were loaning out shoes and Ipod Nanos to try. I've never been a big fan of Nike shoes but I was curious about this new technology. There is a hole in the shoes that you can place a transmitter into and it will sync up with the Nano. This allows you to track your progress, it will update you on your time, distance and current pace. You can also download the information to the computer to log/track your workouts.

Well I had a very bad run because of some very bad shoes. I didn't care for them at all. I don't feel that I have narrow feet (they are small but not narrow) but I was swimming in these shoes last night. YUCK. I also don't generally run with music, I either run with someone for conversation or I run alone for some personal reflection. I don't think they have a new customer yet. I did get a really nice, free t-shirt for my troubles (aka sore feet).

There was an added surprise to the evening, Debbie and Cathy showed up for the run also. We had dinner together after the run at Milltown Arms Tavern. I enjoyed some FireCracker Shrimp and tavern fries, it was pretty good but I ate too many fries.

Boys

C called last night, I guess the hash didn't scare him away. Good news he has a car now (his Alfa had been in storage for 4 years and in the shop for the last week or so), I guess the next step will be getting a job. Wooh hoo :( I'm such a loser.

I've been back on Match.com for about 2 months now and it has been a complete failure. I've tried reaching out, numerous times only to meet rejection at every turn. I'm thinking about trying eHarmony again...it was pretty much a failure last time also. I did fill out my profile and I've received several matches...until I pay I can't contact them back. I have noticed 2 things about many of my matches 1) they are OLD (over 45) and 2) they seem to have kids. I've fixed the age issue but it doesn't seem to be anyway to select out those with children.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind kids that much but I've never had good luck dating a man that has them. Maybe I'm too selfish but I've found that I will never, ever be as important as the kids (not that its a bad thing) I'm just tired of being in second place all the time.

I'll worry about it next week.

2 comments:

Stacy aka Cheese Nips said...

I'm not a big fan of Nike myself. But I have been curious about the whole iPod thing in the shoes - especially being able to buffer them enough while running. Did you at least get to keep the iPod? Or the shoes? Even if they suck, you can always sell them on eBay ("worn only once! good as new!").

Martha said...

No we didn't get to keep anything...and I'm not so sure about tring the shoes again. At least two of the guys didn't wear socks, ewww.