my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Late Breaking News...

and by late, it happened last week and I forgot to tell you about it.

Job Search Postponed

When I last left you folks, I had just been laid off and had one more day of work to get through.

I headed to George's right after my meeting for a run, a drink and a little support from my friends. They were all surprised how well I was taking it...I can't really explain how I felt. Confused, relieved, anxious, angry...pretty much how I felt when D and I broke up but I'm Martha and I have to keep up appearance so I took it all in stride.

I knew Thursday was going to be ugly. I knew my CDC boss had no idea this was coming. She had been telling me for weeks that things would be changing but my position would be secure.

I arrived at the office around 7, I couldn't sleep and I just wanted to get out of here ASAP. It was after 9am when Roseanne arrived and she went ballistic...everyone was running around, closed door meeting, raised voices in the halls...I kept my head down, packed my stuff and tried to wrap up a few projects. Around 11:30 the division director came to my desk, told me to stop packing, my contract had been extended until August and she was hoping to offer me a full-time gov job by July. Honestly, I was looking forward to a couple of weeks off...not that I had a thing to do but I'm pretty burnt out with everything.

No comments: