my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Friday, October 5, 2007

I Will Survive

but not because I have half a brain in my little red head.

As you may know I've been really working on my running. I've signed up for a 15K in just two weeks and I figured it might be a good idea to actually run that distance before race day.

I was a little concerned the weather would foil my plans, a quick look at the radar show a gap in the rain that was big enough for me to finish a 9 mile run without getting caught. I pack up up stuff and left the office without a word to anyone.

The run was okay, I was keeping a pace of 10 mph. Good time for me. I ran around Grant Park, east on Glennwood through the village, back tracked on Braeburn about mile 7 I hit a wall. I hadn't anything to eat since lunch and only brought water with me on the run...I guess it is time to buy some Gu. I still finish strong, 1 hour 34 min, not too shaby.

And now for the stupid part

The monthly running of SLUT (Slow Lazy Urban Thursday) was starting at 7:30. I had almost an hour to take a shower and drive a few miles up Moreland. I was not going to run. I took to heart the Slow Lazy part of this hash. I even figured I could just do a walker-short cut trail to the end. I also figured I would have a little company. Not so!

Everyone was giving me a hard time about not running and, being no smarter than Lic, I took of, full speed after the pack. I ran at the front of that damn pack for most of the trail. Not only was it a little long but full of shiggy. I had PT in the morning and I was trying to figure out a lie to tell my therapist when I limped in with my knee busted up again.

I got to the beer stop, cursed the hares, tried to smile at the boy I like and just took off again. When I finally saw the BN I was ecstatic...and half a mile later I actually saw beer!

Oh well, honestly a couple of beers and lots of laughs later I forgotten about trail and was having a great evening with good friends. That is what it is all about.

The drive back to the cars was the best part. Wil U Suck's tastes in music doesn't, we got to hear some of the finest songs of the 70s and I was the middle of a Martha sandwich with HoPo and the Bore, my bacon eating buddies.

The evening ended with a dirty, smelly, drunk group of hasher singing 'I Will Survive' and dancing in the middle of a church parking lot in the rain. I believed every word of it!

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side
But I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
and so you're backfrom outer space
I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed my stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one secondyou'd be back to bother me
Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
you think I'd crumbleyou think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive
It took all the strength I had not to fall apart
kept trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart
and I spent oh so many nights just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry
Now I hold my head up high
and you see me
somebody new
I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you
and so you felt like dropping in and just expect me to be free
now I'm saving all my loving for someone who's loving me

No comments: