my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, October 1, 2007

A Trip Back in Time

Even with the bum knee my running is really coming along. I ran 8 miles last Thursday, slow but I finished. Last night I ran just over 5 in near record time (for me). I have a 15K planned in two weeks, I'm sure I will be ready for it. This week I am going to try to run that distance and see how long it takes. I need a running partner.

The weekend was pretty much the same but somehow just a little better. A friend came over on Friday, we had planned on heading to Happy Hour together but in the end just hung out in the back yard and talked. It was really nice.

Saturday I finally did some yard work. I was a little embarrassed on Friday night when I realized what a mess the back yard had become. I've been so busy, being busy that I've been neglecting the house/yard. That needs to change just a little.

Saturday afternoon I headed to the hash, it was a pretty poor trail but beautiful weather, great company and a few cold beers made everyone forget about trail in no time. I went to the on after and had some really bad Mexican food and then spent the rest of the evening with a friend.

Sunday I headed off to Big Creek alone for some trail riding. I promised my physical therapist that I would stick to easy trails and not jump over anything. I made 3 or 4 loops and headed back to town. I'm glad I've started biking, it is a nice change of pace from running and a totally different group of people.

Now for the big decision of the weekend...to hash Black Sheep or not to hash Black Sheep. I had told myself that I was going to avoid it for awhile. Being around someone that calls me a whore is not the way I want to spend my Sunday afternoon. With encouragement from others, promised 'protection' if I was bothered, the fact that Robin, who I haven't seen in ages, was the hare and the start was only 15 minutes from my house I headed out.

It was a great day and a great trail...I spent most of my time on trail with Col. Cl!t, Big Bore, Just Marlin and Swamp Guinea. There was just enough 'swamp' to get really muddy and the trail was just long enough to make me feel like I earned my beer(s). We all hung out until the beer truck drove off and we headed to the on-after at the unforgettable Southern Comfort. I can't tell this story again but you can read all about it here...
I can say with almost complete certainty that we will not be back (other than to snap a photo for the blog).

Well that was my weekend. Having fun, drunk and tired is how I spent my time...and you?

No comments: