my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, December 3, 2007

The Beer-muda Triangle Claims Another Victim

Yes it is true...not only did the Beer-muda Triangle lose another Sunday afternoon, it gained a new victim. Just Scott (aka the cute red headed boy) was sucked into an afternoon of beer drinking and bacon eating by yours truly.



We had a great crowd for the first Sunday Run of December. 12 runners and walker appeared on my doorstep around 9 am...in the normal hash tradition we took off around 9:17...



I over estimated my abilities as I tried to keep up with the big boys (Boner, HighDicker BigBore and PE) after about 2 miles I slipped back and eventually WLB and Boner Rooter caught up and I ran the rest of the way with them. As we passed the northwestern most corner of the BT we noticed a warning sign and a cooler of beer left by the resident. I wish we had a picture.



Shorty after our arrival back at Casa de la Martha Tasty Pie, Serious Sam and Quincy arrived after a long walk from Braeburn Circle.



It was a beautiful day, great friends helped to put a serious dent in the beer and bacon (5.5 pounds) surplus I had at the house.



After much debate I decided to give Scott a call and invite him over to hang out with us also. This was only our second 'date' and I was a little nervous...but he was going to find out anyway and sooner is better than later.

The evening went well...and there is a plan to see him again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Long walk?! We actually ran/jogged most of the way! Well, apart from:

a) the occasional break for a quick mailbox sniff and a pee (Quincy),

b) having to do a little backtrack for some kicked off, lost shoes (Sam) and...

c) the stroll along Ormewood from Lil Azio when I noticed HighDicker and Boner steaming down on top of me and I got all selfconscious about them coming up behind and had to nonchalantly plod along 'til they passed!

Definitely walked all the way home though! ;)

Great morning, thanks!