my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Practice makes Perfect

Last night WLB, PWD and I, MSI...all headed out for a night of business...we had to scout out trail for the 11th East Atlanta Hash House Harries Holiday Pub Crawl.



In spite of all the 'work' we had to do it was a great night out with the boys...we hit all our local faves. We met up at the Gravity Pub first. Gravity has fallen on hard times recently...it use to be one of the few places to hang out in EAV and was always a hash favorite. With the addition of so many new and nicer pubs/bars and having to close the downstairs, I'm sure they've seen a drop in business. Graveyard was next...we split a pitcher of Sam Adams, chatted with the bartender, who did know that WLB's last name means 'little nun' (I didn't know that). Next we headed to Grant Central to grab a bite to eat, I grabbed an eggplant sandwich (a little bland) and received a call from CRHB, we set up a 3rd date, yeah!!! Next to Mary's, one of my favorite spots in the Village I never go to...the three of walked in and increased the crowd by 300%. We told the bartender what we were up to and the one other patron said "you can't be hashers, you look too clean" we just about lost it. Apparently, this gentleman has run into our ilk before...he even made the added comment that I was far too pretty to be a hasher...the gays...they love me.

Last stop was the Flat Iron, where images of Paulie, playing Guitar Hero, in front of the big screen, alone in his basement will stay with me forever.

I'm not sure if we really accomplished anything but have a great night out with some good friends...but hey that is what the Pub Crawl is all about.

I hope to see everyone on Dec 15th for the real deal.

on-on

No comments: