my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, December 10, 2007

I will never look at an elf the same way again

This was probably the most laid back weekend I've had in a long time. It was nice to not really have to be somewhere all the time.

After a short trip to Target I stayed in on Friday night and caught up on some sleep. I had spend the past two evenings with CRHB and he doesn't seem to mind staying up late. That's what I get for dating a younger man.

Saturday was a long day, I knew it would be. I got up early, cleaned the house a bit before heading OTP for a mt. bike ride with a new group of people. Realizing I had a little extra time I ran up to the Village to check out how things were going at Santa's Village (aka Joe's). I saw Scott, he was super busy so I grabbed a coffee, said hello to everyone and took off for Dausett.

It was such a beautiful day...temps in the 70s, the sun was out. Instead of meeting everyone in Cobb County I drove to Jackson alone. There was a little confusion when I arrived, trying to determine which group was mine. After some brief introductions we were off. It was a great ride, I did 11 miles and kept up with the front of the pack...which I was told was impressive since I only have flat peddles and not clips...they are coming soon.

I wasn't able to stick around to eat lunch with the crew since I had to head back to town to attend our team trivia finals. Long story short, the bar was ill prepared for such a crowd and I had to play pretty much sober. We didn't win but tried to have a good time.

Then it was back to EAV to catch the tail end of the 2nd annual progressive dinner party. Since the end was at CRHB's house I figured I would make an appearance...I wasn't the only one. Sometime later in the evening, Jangels the alcoholic elf arrived with shots in hand...it turned into a long night.

He's still at it.


Yes, I am a lucky girl, I can now check off 'make out with an elf' on life's to do list.

No comments: