my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Celebrate with Shoes

That wasn't the orginal title of this post but it seems to work.

I had a meeting with HR today about the curret 'environment' here at work. No major problems...I just wanted her to know why I am looking for a new position. It went well and they are behind me if anything 'bad' goes down here at the office.

Since I was all the way 85 I decided to stop of at my new favorite store, REI, for a little shopping. I controled myself and walked out with only one pair of bike shoes. Check these babies out!!



On my way back to the office I received a phone call from the hiring manager, the client is very interested in my and they are setting up an appointment for next week. I was now able to convice myself that the shoes are just a little 'gift' for making the next step to a new job.

I also am celebrating my first run with the A Group/BigBoys last night a George's. I was hoping to run with my friend Paulie, but he was running late, stuck in a meeting. The ladies were having a hard time making a decision, I was ready to go. The boys invited me to run with them, I wasn't very confident but figured I would run a mile with them and then be on my own. Well I was able to stick with them until the last half mile or so (I think they picked up the pace, that may just be wishful thinking on my part). Anyway, the important thing is I held on for about 5 miles...I have a 10K next weekend, I'm as ready as I'm going to be. I will not be running tonight, I'm a little sore and I'm meeting the CDC H3 for happy hour at Tin Roof Cantina...I'm ready for that maragrita right now!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see they have trivia at Tin Roof tonight, better watch out, you might have to see if you can win there!

Martha said...

We didn't stick around long enough...we all split well before 7.