my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's Only Wednesday????

Okay so this is the first full week of work I have done in ages and it is taking its toll on me this week. I laid in bed last night, contemplating what I was going to do this weekend, when I realized it was still days away. The fact that I HATE my job, more and more everyday is not helping. I sat in a meeting today, where my boss taught us SAS 101. I've been a SAS programmer for more than seven years...this was very frustrating and a complete waste of my time. Like most of what I do here, it seemed useless.

On that note...I have been speaking with HR and a recruiter within my company. My current boss knows I'm looking for something else and the recruiter wasn't surprised to hear that someone on my project was looking for another job. I applied for another data management position, with the Global Tobacco Control Program. This job seems more along the lines of 'real' public health and it involves international travel. I will need to make arrangements for the boys and the hash will have to learn to get along without me from time to time but there really isn't anything keeping me here. I was told the hiring manager is keen to speak with me and I'm awaiting his call.

I'll keep you all up to date when I hear something. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hearby have my fingers crossed for you, making it damn difficult to type, but worth it. Keep us posted!