my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A long weekend wrap-up

It was a long weekend...I took off a little early on Friday and it seemed non-stop until Tuesday.

Probably the most exciting thing to happen this weekend was snow in Atlanta. Yes, really snow, not a few flurries but maybe an inch or so. This did not prevent me from enjoying the great out doors. More about that in a bit.

Friday night I had a date, we met at the FlatIron and then headed over to Graveyard to celebrate their second anniversary with free food and beer. We bumped into several locals and buzzers, drank several free beer and shots, headed over to The Glennwood when the music got a little to loud for the old folks. There more shots and a few Monkeys were consumed...I think we then head to a house party...it started to get a little blurry. It was a fun night but not the 'laid back' evening that we had planned.

I did blow off my 10k on Saturday morning. I combo of being hungover (thanks guys), rain, cold and wind kept me snug in Scott's bed until 8 or so when I finally got up to go home and take care of the boys. Rain turned to snow and I figured what better thing to do than go hashing. I really didn't think a lot of folks would show up but the hash is full of surprises...about 20 people showed up and about 10 ran the trail. It was a good run, I was FBI (if you don't count BWanA) and I felt a little less guilty about skipping my race.

After the previous nights activity, I wasn't really in the mood to drink or party...I went home early, made some dinner and some chili for the next day and stayed on the couch for the rest of the evening.

Sunday morning was COLD, F-ing COLD....I had to meet my friend Wil at 9 am (temp 18 degrees, with a wind chill) to lay the Wheelhopper trail for the day. I was wondering if the work would be in vain, who in their right mind would come out to ride in this weather? Well take a look:

Again the hash surprises me...

Again the hash surprises me. Thanks to Scott for letting us end at his place and being such a great host.

Our host...finally relaxing!

Monday was a day of rest for me. I got a hair cut (much needed) and treated myself to lunch at Nick's.

No comments: