my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Friday, July 11, 2008

Back but not for long

Today someone reminded me that I have a blog, who would have thought, right?

Crazy couple of months, between work, bootcamp, the boyfriend and having a little fun, there hasn't been much time to sit in front of the computer to write it all down.

I'm leaving in a few days for a big work trip. I'll be heading the Bethel, Alaska for 12 days. This trip has been in the works for quite awhile but it still snuck up on me. I'm staying in tonight and multi-tasking getting ready for the trip and making good use of a loaner lap top with a working CD drive.

Months ago, in a vain attempt to unclutter my house, I packed away all my CDs. I haven't listen to most of them since I got Sirus radio a couple of years ago. I wasn't quite ready to toss them all out though. So tonight I'm ripping CDs on to the lap top and then transferring them to my home computer, since the CD/DVD drive crapped out months ago.

I'm also trying to consolidate the many lists I've made for this trip. I have to pack more than I normally would for three reasons. 1) I will not have access to a washing machine for my entire trip, so I need enough clothes to last the trip. 2) Bethel is pretty remote, if I don't bring it, I probably can't buy it there and if I can it is going to be very expensive. 3) The weather is crazy so I need to bring tons of things I can layer.

On the bright side I get to finally use my big suitcase that I haven't used in 5 years and the fridge is going to get cleaned out.

I'm hoping to get most of my packing and the majority of my cleaning done tonight, so I can play and spend time with my friends this weekend. I'm not going to like being away from everyone for so long...I hope there is a big party for me when I return ;-)

I'm planning on updating this site while I'm gone in what I hope is not a useless attempt to stay in touch.

I wont have cell phone reception and I'll only be able to get online at night so be patient with me if I don't respone right away.

No comments: