my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I made it

Wow, after 18 hours I finally made it to Bethel. What a day, I arrived at the B&B just before I collapsed from exhaustion. I had high hopes when I got to Anchorage, the sky was clear and the temperature mild...no such luck in Bethel.



While the sun is 'shining' almost 20 hours a day here, I have yet to see it or the thermometer rise above 50. I woke this morning to the same drizzle that lulled me to sleep last night. It didn't stop me from going out on my first Alaskan jog. I headed out about 5:30 am, lets just say, Bethel in July is like Atlanta in January.

I've got to go to bed, it was another long day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, how was the first day of work?

Anonymous said...

Toby has been a good dog but I can tell he misses 'mom'. On the second night he decided that Nutmeg's bed was his sleep spot of choice...she didn't seem to mind. They've also taken to eating each other's food. Hope you are staying sane in Bethel and that they don't have on spittoon emptying duty.

Martha said...

I don't think Toby is smart enough to remember me, much less miss me. I'm glad he's being a good boy, tell him I miss him. I haven't seen another Basset in Bethel, he would be a STAR!

Tell Nutmeg thanks for sharing and putting up with the smelly old man (that goes double for you guys).