my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Sun Only Shines on TV...in Bethel

Until today. Day 4 here in Bethel and I finally got to see the sun.



I'm finally adjusting to Bethel time...I woke up at 6 this morning, not my usual 4. I went out for a quick run, since we had to be at the hospital earlier than usual today. The first thing I noticed when I got outside was how quite it was...it wasn't raining and the wind wasn't blowing, I glanced off to the east and saw a sliver of sunlight. I had high hopes for the day. Of course everyday I think I'm going to walk past a window and see nothing but bright blue skies...today it happened!



My excitement was somewhat short lived when I realized, I was working and probably would be until well past 6, like everyday this week. Rumor had it that today's work was to be especially challenging. Crap, I was worried this would be my only chance to check things out and enjoy some reasonably good weather.



Well somehow, some way, the issue that caused so much distress on the last visit was resolved very quickly (and I get bonus points from co-workers, even though I don't know what I did to fix it). I started to do some Saturday work, hoping the good weather would remain and I could enjoy it tomorrow. Instead we got the go ahead to leave early today, by early we ONLY put in an eight hour day.

It was so nice out, around 60, sunny, just a touch of a breeze. We all agreed we should walk home. Bethel is small enough to walk pretty much everywhere. So we made a stop at the local 'Wal-mart type' store (I have to go back and pick up some winter gear, it was the only cheap thing there) for more provision for the house, then stopped by Demetre's for a dinner of pizza and salad and walked back to the White House. It was still early, only about 6:30 so we made a plan to take a walk down to the river.

On the way home from dinner we where attacked my mosquitoes, Shin wasn't prepared to go back out. Lucy and I were on our own.

The river was nice, it's been so long since I've been near water, we saw a water plane take off and you could smell the ocean (Bethel is only about 40 miles from the sea). We got rained on but it was a very pleasant adventure. I hope I can head back for more exploring tomorrow. I wish I could post some pictures.

It looks like the weather is going to hold through tomorrow and it looks like I am going to have a short day. I'm planning on checking out the local market and more exploring of the river and other off the road places.

It's after 9 and I still have 3 more hours of day light. I would really like to stay up once to see the sun 'set'.

Tomorrow I will tell you about the sticker shock at the grocery store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way, I now have that Aha song stuck in my head, thankyouverymuch! :p :)