my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm back, did you miss me?

Sorry for the lapse in posting, I was still feeling a little sorry for myself last week. I'm better now.

Good News:

  • My keys have been found, that saves me $100 right there.
  • I got my badge replaced within a day and with little hassle
  • My ankle is feeling better, it is still a little sore and swollen but I've been able to work out at the gym and I ran 4.5 miles on it yesterday.

Bad News:

  • I still don't have my car back
  • It looks like I might have some bad weather for my drive in Indiana

Marta it's Smarta??

Do they still use that anymore? I'm going to have to disagree with them. Since my car has been in the shop and it seemed too expensive and too much trouble to rent a car for the week, I thought I would do the responsible thing and take MARTA. On paper it seemed oh so easy. I catch the bus 3 blocks from my house, transfer at Inman Park and then another bus drops me off at the front door of my office, 45 -50 minutes. I have yet to make this trip in under 70 minutes. Some evenings it is almost 90 minutes. This is for a journey of 7 miles. It is no wonder the only people that use MARTA are those that have no other option. Also my new Breeze card didn't work quite as planned. I added 10 trips to the card, enough to get me through the week. However, by Thursday the card was empty??? I'm guessing some of my transfers didn't work and I was charged twice for one trip. Such is life...

Riding MARTA has given me the chance to read my book and I'm almost half way through it. I hope to finish it during my trip back to Indiana.

Spring Cleaning in January

Since I am without transportation and I didn't need to bring the beer I took the rare Saturday off from the hash. I feel like I've let things go the last few weeks, between the new dog, extended commute times, not having anyone over, etc. the house hasn't been looking (or smelling) its best. I took the opportunity to clean the dog beds, wash all the bedding and some curtains, clean out the fridge, etc. I knew it had been too long when I found a pair of D's underwear behind the dresser. :)

I pretty much spent the day at home resting up from the 12+ hour days I had all week.

Sunday Run

Yesterday was the bi-weekly Sunday run, yesterday it was held at Betsy, cute but tiny apartment in the Highlands that she share with her dog Reece. It was a smaller than normal crowd many of the more serious runner where in Birmingham running a race. I would say it was a quality crowd. Paul, Lisa, L'Willy, and myself headed out on the short option of 4.5 miles while Priscilla and Dave showed us up by heading out for 8 miles.

I won't say it was the worst I've done, I lost Lisa pretty early and I was able to keep up with the guys for the first 1.5 miles until my shoes became too tight (my feet started swelling) and I needed to stop and readjust. I guess I did the whole thing in just over an hours. I'm not breaking any records but I'm out there.

Geographically Challenged

After getting a ride home from Betsy's place I got a call from her seeing if I would like to meet her and the Bosnian out for Pizza at Grant Central. Sounded great too me, between preparing to head out of town and little desire to schlep groceries home from the store, I've had a pretty limited diet this week. So I walked up to Grant Central East, it took me a little longer than I had planned so I assume they would be there waiting for me. They weren't, I hung out a little longer and thought to myself "I wonder if they are at the original Grant Central in Grant Park"? They were. I didn't feel like eating by myself and the pizza would be cold by the time I got home so I just turned around, empty handed (stomach also) and went home. On the bright side it wasn't a bad evening for a walk and I got to add an additional 3.2 miles to my daily total.

No comments: