my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, February 5, 2007

What a weekend!

I am so glad last week is over...it was a rough week for me. I wasn't feeling 100%, my ankle was sore, I did something really stupid and wrecked my car and I never found my keys. I've just felt I've been in a daze, forgetful and dopey for the last two weeks or so. Today is the day to get things back on track!

The one bright spot was I became an Auntie for the second time, Olivia Mae came into the world Thursday evening. I got the news while having beers with friends before the hockey game. She got a round of applause from the group. I'm heading up there next week to see her and the rest of the family. I'm not really into babies...when they get a little older they can be interesting but babies, eh. I guess I figure since I'm not going to have one there isn't much use in getting to worked up over them.

I haven't really worked out in the last few days. I rode my bike to the start of the hash and managed to finish a nice trail on Saturday and that was about it. Unless you count the 60 trips I made up and down my friend Paul's stairs while I was helping him with this annual Super Bowl party. The party was fun, I wasn't nearly as stressed out as I thought I would be, everyone seemed to have a nice time, enjoyed the food and the Colts won!! What more could I ask for?

On the Bingo front things are going well. She finally took food out of my hand last night, the girl has good taste, the only thing that seems to work is my roast beef. She even came up to me and let me pet her, I was a bit emotional about it. I'm not use to people/dogs being scared of me and it was really bothering me that she wouldn't trust me. I know she just need time but patience is not one of my virtues.

She was much less happy with me this morning. After a brief struggle I managed to get her in the car for her trip to the vet. She quickly proceded to poop in the car...I had to pull over and do a quick clean up, it was just God Awful...right before we got to the vet she also puked in the back seat. I guess the guys at the body shop are just going to have to deal with it. We got her to the back and into a cage, she growled, I hope she does okay today.

The car also went into the shop to day to fix the BIG dent I put in the right side last week. Stupid. I've taken MARTA twice in the last week. Once to the game and then today for work. I'm going to try to make it this week without a car and see how it goes. Partly penance, partly just to prove I haven't gone soft. I was carless for years, all through college and the entire time I was in London. London was easy, public transportation is timely, accessable and convienent. It was a little tougher in college but the town was managable and I lived near campus. I tried to read my book but I started to get car sick so I guess there goes that plan.

No comments: