my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Is it really only Thrusday?

I'm starting with a short work week and it is still dragging.

I'm so ready for it to be Friday or at least for me not to be at work. I have a list of stuff to do this weekend and I would love to get a jump start on it. The office is slow right now, most of what I need to do my job isn't working...

Cooking up something new

Literally that is what I need to do. Generally, I love to cook but lately I've been uninspired and stuck in a rut. I think there are two reasons for this 1) it isn't much fun cooking for one and 2) I've been reluctant to cook because then I have to eat it and I'm a bit obsessed right now with losing some weight.

I have a few 'healthy' cookbooks but it either doesn't look good, its too much trouble or I don't have what I need. I've been pretty lax about stocking the pantry as well. So I keep falling back on black bean tacos, they are really good but eventually I will be so sick of them I won't eat them again for a year and then what?

Sirius, Swedish Rock?

Another rut I found myself in was only listening to Sirius 21 First Wave...I have what? 150 channels to listen to and I pick one? On my trip back from Indiana I added a few new stations to the presets including:
  • Strobe - Disco/Classic Dance
  • BackSpin - Old Skool Rap (see how kool I am?)
  • '90s Alternative (I think that explains itself)
  • Laugh Break - Comedy

One I didn't add but I must try to listen to is Specturm. If for no other reason than they have a new show on Sunday night called Nordic Rox - to spotlight the best music from Sweden and more. Okay I don't know a lot about music, I just listen to it. Other than ABBA and crap now I can't even remember the name of the group Ace of Base how much music comes from Sweden?

Apparently a lot. According to the article Sweden is the 3rd largest exported of music only behind the UK and the United States. Who would have guessed?

So will Ah-Ha be included? They are from Norway.

In case anyone cares...

Brittney is back in rehab...again, I think that is 3 times in the last week. K-feds attorneys must be in heaven right now.

No comments: