my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm too tired to think of a title

So last night was fun. I headed to Midtown to play trivia with some fellow hashers. We did well, it was a rough second round but we pulled off a second place finish. Not bad since I haven't played in years. I manage to grab a bite to eat and get the beer consumption in check. A good night with no drama.

So where was the drama?

The drama was located about 2 hours before trivia started. I sent an email, it was misunderstood, nastiness ensued, then talking and then a resolution. Still in limbo on this one.

Time off...

I've got a few vacation days planned but no vacation (that's another issue). I'm taking next Friday off for my birthday. I hope to treat myself to some shopping and a nice lunch, nothing more is planned. I'm not really looking forward to my birthday this year since it will be another milestone of being alone. I've always felt that you should be with someone on two holidays...your birthday and new years eve...I've struck out for the last year on both of those.

Speaking of my birthday, I bought myself a new, 27'' LCD flat screen yesterday. I'm very excited about this is one. My old TV is about 11 years old, I won it in a raffle...so not top of the line and is only about 20 inches. The girls are already planning movie night at my place, I guess now I need to buy a DVD player.

The Weekend

Last weekend was great. There was a rough start on Friday but Saturday & Sunday made up for it.

Saturday I drove to Decatur for the hash. I had a good feeling about the trail and it was not unfounded. I was out about an hour, just perfect in this god awful heat. The end was shady, there was a hose and plenty of cold beer and good company. Once the beer was gone (I need to remember to bring more this weekend) the gang headed over to Twain's for some dinner. I had Fish & Chips which I had been craving for weeks and tried a couple of the house brews. Then a smaller group (Dakota, Bill & Nancy) walked over to Ted's to wish my friend Stacy a happy birthday. We were informed of the plan to head over to the Brick Store. We found a table outside, it wasn't any hotter than inside the crowded bar. More drinks, more people, more fun. We lost Dakota and gained Shane when we went to Sushi Avenue to share a late night snack. One last trip to Twain's were I cried just a bit in my beer and I headed home for a decent (relativity speaking) night's sleep.

Sunday was the Black Sheep run, specifically the 7th (I think) running of Catch the Crabs. I missed this trail last year when the pack was stuck by lightning. I was hesitant to go but my good friends Paul and Betsy said they would car pool with me, which meant I didn't have to show up alone. The day went well...no drama...even a few pleasantries were spoke. I had an awesome run thanks to a 1.25 mile tunnel that slowed all the big folks down. While the guys where crawling on their hands and knees and having to rest every time there was a break in the tunnel, little Martha just kept chugging through. I was about the 5th person in...NEVER has that happened before at BS...It felt pretty great.

There was a little confusion about the end but once things were settled we had circle and the Grant Park/EAV crew headed back to Tony's place for another beer before Zocolo's.

The night ended with a little Gordon Ramsey on the BBC back at Tony's place.

I'm very lucky to have the friends I do...I must keep reminding myself of that fact.

Another bit of good news...

I've paid off my second to last credit card this week.

No comments: