my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Job Hunting?

Well if anyone remember a few months ago, I lost my job for about 18 hours. The next day I was told the contract was extended until the end of August. Well guess what...that deadline is approaching quickly and I haven't heard anything but rumors. I've been told the contract will probably be extended until the end of the year...but nothing concrete as of yet. We do have a big staff meeting today and I am hoping for some good news. As much as this job drives me crazy some days, it is in a great location (only a 7 mile commute), it is very flexible as far as time off, working from home, etc. and my boss (while a little crazy sometimes) is very nice and seems to like me a lot. Plus the paycheck isn't too bad either.

I got a call yesterday from a recruiter with an open position in banking. This has some appeal to me. First, banking is much more profitable than public health, second, if (big if) things work out the way I want there could be a chance that I may move to a city that is very big into banking. It would be nice to have some experience to take with me. The pay is slightly better, I'm not sure about additional compensation. The down side would be a longer commute, a more 'professional' work environment and it is only a 6 month contract (temp to hire position). I have an interview set up for Friday. I don't have anything to wear...the dress is business professional...I've been business casual for the past 9 years. Oh well an excuse to go shopping.

Otherwise nothing new to report.

No comments: