my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Monday and Moonlight

Well I made it through my first day back...it wasn't easy. I was thinking about taking the day off but why waste a day off when you aren't feeling well. I decided to save it until I was feeling better and could enjoy myself.

Nothing much to report. It is quite clear at this point that D and I still have issues that we can't seem to work out. As I said yesterday, I tried to just ignore them...but she wasn't having it. In D's defense, he was actually behaving himself and trying to stay away. She was the one pushing my buttons. He also did listen to my side and agreed with me on some points. Yes I wish I could have just kept walking away but sooner or later I had to stick up for myself.

Instead of going home, sulking and hoping for a phone call, I ran home, changed my clothes and headed out to the Moonlight Hash that my buddy BWANA was haring that evening. It was a hot, sticky, miserable run. I think I was still pretty dehydrated from the weekend, I hadn't ate much all day...and well the heat was bad for all of us.

Thankful for my anal-retentive attention to details I remember BWANA telling me weeks ago it was going to end at Dakota Blue...once I hit Glennwood I made a beeline towards Grant Park. I picked up EZ-Cheecks along the way. It is always good to see her, we discussed boys both past, present and future.

I ordered a bean burrito (I'm back on the diet) and skipped the beer. I ran a super short circle and was home (after taking the scenic route back to the car, thanks ButtBob for the tour) by 10. I took a shower, sat for bit in front of the TV, and thought about what a good night sleep I was going to have. Once again I was wrong. I tossed and turned most of the night. Well there is always tonight. There will be no running for me when I get home, if I do anything it will be at the gym.

I'm thinking a trip to the store might be a better use of the evening...Martha's cupboards are bare.

No comments: