my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Last Night - Part 2

First I would just like to say if you don't like what you read here...stop reading my blog! Simple.

Background

As most of you may know I've been a little lost lately. A 2+ year relationship had ended and I never felt I was really appreciated or given a chance to make things work. No matter how hard you want a relationship to work out, you just can't do it alone.

I've had a few dates with guys I've met. Nice guys, treat me pretty well but no one I can see a future with, backgrounds, values, etc are just too different or just no 'click'.

I had another date last night and it went well.

Jim

About six weeks ago I signed up on eHarmony, thought why not? Everyone in the commercials seem happy (I'm a sucker for good marketing). After 70 or so rejections (both active and passive) I was beginning to think this wasn't going to work either.

I started communication with a guy named James. What caught my eye? He described himself as spontaneous, loyal, outgoing & genuine all good qualities in my option. His leisure time included playing tennis, biking & running, these could be activities we share. Lastly, what was he looking for? Someone who smiles a lot, is loyal and dependable. Well that's me! I'm glad to see someone (unlike my past relationship) can appreciate the value in those qualities.

We emailed a few times, we talked on the phone...it was all going well. He seemed very easy to talk to, very outgoing, I found out he was a engineer and he thought what I did was really cool (smart is sexy)...I was encouraged.

He called me on Sunday, sometime between the run in the morning and the hash in the afternoon. He was impressed that I was a little drunk and getting ready for my second run of the day. He didn't want to keep me, said he would call a little later and we could plan to meet up later in the week.

So...last night.

We were to meet at the Flatiron at 7:45, he called, running a little late because of traffic...I started to worry. In the end he was only about 5 minutes late, no big deal. We hit it off immediately. He was just as outgoing and easy-going in person. We each had a Hoegarden and decided to head down the street for some dinner. I suggested the Glenwood, we sat on the patio, ordered some food and just talked about sports, school, home, family, the only time the conversation got a little strained was when the subject of past relationships surfaced. He was married once, I just recently escaped a long term relationship...a few questions were asked. He asked why it didn't work, I told him my side, he said sounded like the ex was very selfish and narcissistic...lol I couldn't disagree. I told him things where still a little strained since the ex and I still had to see each other but we/I was trying now to co-exist.

Finally about 10 it was time to go. He still had some studying to do and is leaving for Dayton to attend his high school reunion. He walked me to my car, gave me a nice hug and asked if he could call me when he gets back on Sunday!! I said yes...

In the end, it does seem like we have similar values/backgrounds, we are both very social, active and smart. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I have a good feeling. Even if a romantic relationship doesn't develop, this is the kind of person I would like to call a friend.

I will keep you all posted.

No comments: