my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Monday, August 6, 2007

Shoot the 'Hooch

okay it was really the Cartecay River in Ellijay...just as fun none the less.

I ran into a small road block on my way to Ellijay on Friday. I took my car to the shop on Thursday to have my brakes replaced and tires rotated. I dropped the car off at 7:15 am and rode my bike the 3 miles to the office. Finally around 4:30 I called...they were just now having a look at the car and didn't think it would be ready by 6 but were going to try...damn! By the time I knew for sure, everyone had left the office and I didn't have a ride home. So I hopped on the bike and rode the 8 miles home...you would have thought I had to ride across the entire city. It was hot and I too beat by the time I got home to make it to my Thursday night run in Cabbagetown (which meant getting back on the bike).

I stayed in and finished packing for my trip. I was planning on being at Georgia's house at 1 so we would miss Friday night rush hour. I didn't get back from picking up the car until 12:40...I threw everything in, figured out the new bike rack and took off towards Clarkston only about 45 minutes behind schedule.

We made it up to MOEs in good time, some how avoiding all but the tiniest amount of gird lock on the connector.

I knew this was going to be a tough weekend, my ex was going to show up with his new 'girlfriend'. I went up there will all good intentions of just trying to avoid them and enjoy the weekend with my friends. Unfortunately, that is not how things worked out. There were a couple of confrontations, some name calling, alcohol abuse, silliness and stupidness a pretty full weekend. Saturday was better but still not great. The river was really low and it took us over 4 hours to float down. There was no drama on the river, I got to have a relaxing time (when I wasn't stuck or bruising my backside) with my friends and I kept a nice buzz going for the afternoon. I have to give the weekend a 6 out of 10. Which is sad because I was really looking forward to relaxing and having a good time. Lord knows I need it.

I'm going to have to think long and hard about attending the next event.

I left around noon on Sunday...feeling like death. The original plan was to head to Hog Mountain, that wasn't going to happen. I made it home in pretty good time and spent the rest of the evening on the couch.

No comments: