my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Friday, September 7, 2007

Average Joes 1, Indy Colts 41

Well we couldn't have done much worse than the Saints. Here is my sports wrap up from yesterday.

Average Joes vs. Wanahawkalugi

Average Joes started out strong scoring a run in the first inning...sadly that was our last run also. After the second inning we got our defense down and held Wanahawkalugi to only one more run. We need to work on some offense.

I was useless...my knee gave out during my first time kicking.

Colts vs. Saints

Last night was the season opener for the current Super Bowl Champs the Indianapolis Colts. They wiped the field at the RCA Dome with the Saints. Out scoring the visiting team 31-0 in the second half.

MRIs

I have my first MRI scheduled for next week. I guess now I am a real athlete. This MRI is to see if I have torn my ACL. I hope not but everything is leading me to believe that is what has happened.

Everyone please keep your finger crossed.

Giving

I'll admit it, I don't feel I give enough, either of my time or money. I am still fostering for Basset Rescue and I'm currently paying Toby's medical bills. However, since I'm probably going to keep the slobbery little beast does it really count?

One idea that I've always found interesting is Microcredit.

Microcredit is the extension of very small loans (microloans) to the unemployed, to poor entrepreneurs and to others living in poverty who are not considered bankable.

You can donate as little as $25 to help someone in a developing country start a business. The repayment on these loans is very high, 99%+. Many times these loans are given to women, who seem to be better at managing and paying back the loans then men.

Currently this site is not taking any more donations...amazingly every loan has been funded. Keep it in mind for the next time you want to make a big difference for just a little cash.

www.kiva.org

For more information on microloans check out this article on the Noble Prize winning Micro-Loan Pioneers.

No comments: