my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Game was Called Because of Rain

Nope not baseball or even kickball, it was our weekly trivia that was canceled due to a broken pipe in the hotel above the bar. You can read the beginning of the story over at Stacy's site.

I'll pick things up after Stacy left.

After we evacuated the building we all stood outside pondering what to do next. Everyone seemed to stay calm with the exception of Charlie G's cook, who was running around, trying to make sure everyone knew it wasn't his fault. At least that is what I think he was saying...stating he had a speech impediment would be and understatement. Amy showed up and left right away, I called Karyn to let her know what was happening and got her voicemail, I didn't have Frank's number so he was on his own.

Our waitress stepped outside to have a smoke and I asked what else was close so we (Barb, Larry, Allen and myself) could grab some dinner and a beer. I felt a little guilty but everyone was hungry. We left Charlie G's and the rushing water to go to Front Page News. We were able to get a nice table outside, next to the fountain (eek the sound of rushing water again) and ordered our first round of drinks. Remarkably, Frank found us and joined us at his usual spot at the head of the table. We ordered dinner, the boys talked about the rivers of Poland, the War of 1812 and the guy that invented the sewing machine and had a couple of beers. We also toasted to AFD's newest paramedic (congrats again Allen).

Larry and I walked back to our cars, parked at Charlie G's when he offered to treat me to a liquid nitrogen margarita at Element. It was fun to watch it being made and it reminded me of tequila sorbet (oh if only there was such a creature). It was now well past 10 and decided to call it an evening. While walking past Charlie G's again we noticed they where open and serving!! If it had been a little earlier we might have stopped in just to see how much they accomplish in just a few hours. We will check it out next week when Donkey Punch returns once again in hopes of spending our booty!!

No comments: