my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It is time to start cooking!

Fall is here, the weather is cooler and I can once again turn the oven back on without suffering heat stroke.

Perfect timing also, I received my October issues of Bon Appetit and it is full of yummy, fall inspired, comfort food. Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, hearty beef dishes, apples, both sweet and savory seem to dominate the issue.

Here's what I'm thinking of cooking very soon:

Fried Cornmeal Shrimp with Butternut Squash Risotto
Brown Sugar and Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Maple-Espresso Glaze
Mahi-Mahi with Fresh Cilantro Chutney
Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup
Cabernet-Braised Short Ribs with Gorgonzola Polenta

Now I just need to find someone to cook for, anyone up for dinner at my place soon? (I'm not kidding!) I just need to make a trip to the farmer's market.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what - Martha is gong to eat? That Mahi & of course the dessert sounds quite good.

NancyT said...

mahi mahi sounds good! It all sounds good... I'll bring the wine ;-)

Martha said...

Barb, stranger things have happened. Maybe now that some of the stress in my life is gone and the weather has cooled down it might be time to try eating again...of course that means I might have to cut back a bit on the beer :(

I was thinking of either a Monday or Friday night?

Anonymous said...

Girl, we are always looking for new recruits to our Thursday Night Dinner Party Group! Bar that, I would be HAPPY to let you cook for me at anytime! :-)

A word to the wise: Friday dinner parties last waaaay longer than Monday ones. That whole not needing to get up in the morning thing!

Martha said...

Thanks Stacy,

I'm currently occupied on Thursday nights for the next 6-8 weeks...kickball!

Odds are I will not make it to happy hour this Friday anyone want to come over for dinner and maybe a movie...on my new tv :) or we could pull out Trivial Pursuit and practice? lol.

Anonymous said...

Don't be drinking too much friday night, remember, we have to go biking that next morning.
We are going to Shakespeare Tavern friday night, so we can't make it.

Anonymous said...

oooh! I love me some Trivial Pursuit! Let me know if you decide to do that. :-)