my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Friday, September 7, 2007

Boy Crazy

Okay not me (well maybe a little) but the last two weeks have been pretty bizarre when it comes to the men that are in my life.

Boy Crazy 1

A couple of weeks ago, after a hash, a group of us went out, slowly the group became two. We headed out for '1 more beer' and got to talking. We've both dated hashers and we have both sworn off dating anymore. I took him back to his car at the end of the evening, as he was leaving he made a comment about how it was 'too bad we weren't dating hashers because we could be good together'. Something along those lines. I laughed it off and drove home. During the next week I got several flirty emails from this gentleman. That seems to have passed but nice to know it was there.

Boy Crazy 2

The past weekend I was able to have a positive experience with an ex. After a rough start on Friday, I saw him and it was good the next two days, even if he did forget my birthday present :) So on Sunday I invited him to hang with the group at Zocolo's he declined but asked if I wanted to do something the following evening. Maybe I was reading too much into the wording but it sounded a little date'ish to me.

After a couple of text messages we agreed on a time and a place. At the last minute he called to suggest going to the park. Under normal circumstances I would have loved this...I was always suggesting picnics in the park when we where together but we aren't now. I went anyway, now it really felt like a date, sitting on a blanket, under a shady oak, in a secluded part of the park while having a drink. We talked, we talked about the past, present & future...it was mostly good. He made one comment I thought inappropriate for a man currently in a relationship to make and I told him so...can men really be that dense?

Boy Crazy 3

A typical Wednesday night a George's, the usual suspects where there. I had a few beers and got caught up on the latest gossip. A friend (we've hung out together in the past and we email each other from time to time but I've considered him more of a friend of a friend) showed up, offered me dinner and drinks for my birthday. This felt like a date, I was dressed up, he was buying, great conversation, but without the pressure of a date...or so I thought.

We left George's and he walked me to my car and kissed me?!? I was just as surprised as you are, I don't know where that came from. Again I don't think anything will come of it...but it did boost my spirits.

38 might just be a good year. I wonder what this weekend will hold for me??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, whatever you're doing this weekend, can I come along? Or just come by and rub off some of this lovely boy luck of yours?

Anonymous said...

That entry says posted at 4:38AM - please tell me that time stamp is wrong? When it rains, it pours with guys, huh? Even if you aren't interested, it is nice to get the attention. And - don't rule out "friends", I know a few couples that started as friends....

Martha said...

Barb, I wish that time stamp was wrong...something must have been happening south of I20 this morning. I had already been up for an hour.

Stacy, no big plans this weekend, Cathy is coming over tonight for a drink and we might head out to the village later if you are interested.

Anonymous said...

well, just remember yesterday's assignment from Q100, miss martha! (though you seem to already be on track with the "date" part, most of your choices are probably too attractive to qualify):

We Need YOU To Seek Out Lesser Attractive Men

We spoke with listeners Thursday morning who admitted to seeking out uglier guys in the clubs, because they make better boyfriends. Now we want to test out that theory. We need SINGLE WOMEN who are willing to seek out only the uglier guys THIS WEEKEND, and see if it really does make a difference. Interested? E-mail Producer Tracey below....WITH A PHONE NUMBER!

Heehee.

Yeah, and there's always something crazy going on south of I-20, you nut cases. ;-)