my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Weight Loss Diary

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Yes it was that time of year again...time to celebrate, not getting another year older, but another year better.

Honestly, up until the last few years I've never really enjoyed my birthday. It falls around the Labor Day weekend, most people are out of town, there are other things to do...I've spent far to many birthdays alone. My how times have changed!

Friday night

The best part of my weekend is that I have an extra day to celebrate.

I took the day off work on Friday. I treated myself to some shopping, a hair cut and I even did my nails. I got tons done on my To Do List, it really felt good. Lately, I feel like I've just been treating water.

Friday Night Happy Hour was being held, in my honor, at the Glenwood in EAV. It was a small group, being that many of the regulars were out of town for the weekend, but a group I was very happy to spend time with that night.

Paulie and Me

I managed to avoid the evil monkey and several offers of shots...didn't completely work. I did mange to do something (but at least not someone) stupid that night.

Saturday

I foolishly offered to lay a trail and throw a party on Saturday afternoon. I woke up early and made a quick change to the schedule. I headed out about 8 am to recee and lay the trail for the day. I quickly found a flaw in my original plan and had to improvise. It's all good.

About 30 people showed up for the trail. When the pack headed off, Michelle, Stacy and myself headed back to my place to attended to some last minute party details. Much to my surprise I found my back yard decorated with many balloons, thanks Stacy. Adam showed up about 2:30, tapped the keg and the party was now officially started. We didn't have to wait long for everyone.

This is when things began to get a little sketchy. I do remember everyone seemed to be having a great time, much beer was consumed, Bill and Bean ran circle for me since I was just a little to tipsy to handle such responsibility, Darren showed up (and that worked out okay) and we floated the keg sometime around 6 pm. The brain trust stood around for several minutes wondering what was wrong with the keg...it just couldn't be empty. Next thing I know Paulie is asking if we need a beer run and he was off....good man that Paulie :)

Somewhere in all this dinner was prepared, Stacy and I changed into our 'party clothes' and many more people came and went...next year I think I should have a guest book so I can remember everyone that showed up.

The evening ended with a game of three man.

The last of the crowd

Sunday is a Black Sheep Day

I woke up again early on Sunday, I spend most of the morning cleaning the house and debating going to Black Sheep. An email from Paulie convinced me to make the drive to Covington. It was a small crowd but again a good crowd. Trail was pretty short (no thanks to Kapt' Krash) and there was much beer to be had afterwards. D was there alone and I was able to speak with him and we hung out for a bit, it was nice.

The night ended (as usual) with tacos and more beer at Zocolo's.

Bonus Monday

I didn't have much planned for Monday, I was driving north to return the keg cooler I borrowed from a friend when Paulie called to remind me of a dim sum lunch in Chamblee with Betsy and Harold. Since I was almost there I declined the offer of a car pool and drove straight to Royal China. Yummy!! I stuffed myself.

I returned the keg and restocked my beer supply and headed home for a nap.

Monday night was interested, drinks with a friend that felt more like a date. It is pretty confusing for me right now.

Thank you to everyone that spent time with me and shared my birthday with me. You have no idea how much it all meant to me.

4 comments:

NancyT said...

Hey Martha! Sorry I missed your birthday celebrationS! Since I'm employed now, I'll be coming out of hibernation. Thanks for the tips on the CleanAir Campaign, I'm going to give it a try. A little money is a good thing...

Martha said...

Its okay, I just hope to see you out again soon. It has been far too long. I'm glad to hear things are going well with the new job.

Anonymous said...

I had to re-read the part about avoiding the evil monkey. I thought that was a person. It's actually a shot, right? :-)


And I still can't believe that keg went so quickly on Saturday! I guess when you're giving out Hummers, girl, there's no way it could last all night! :)

Martha said...

No the Monkey is a high-gravity beer. It kicked my ass one (ok two) nights.

Hey if I could last all night that darn keg should have also :)